Last Updated: 1st September 2018
- We ONLY collect personally identifiable information when you register to use our mobile apps, and as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to help you with your experience.
- Location Services: During regular use of our mobile application, we request that location services are enabled. We use location services when you submit an alert to us, and you opt to share your location. We use the GPS on your device to determine your location. Once location services is enabled, you may also receive alerts which are sent via geolocation. This means we can push alerts to users within the vicinity of a particular issue, or event.
- We collect information from you when you register via our mobile apps, fill out a form, open a support ticket or enter information via forms on our website, or mobile apps.
- Provide us with feedback on our products or services.
- Location Services: We only collect location based information when you opt to provide it to us, on first load of the mobile application or, opt to send your location along with an alert submission.
Information automatically gathered could include your web request, browser type, IP address, referring URL, domain names, and pages viewed including the date and time of your request.
The OneSignal SDK automatically collects and that are available to target audiences in Segments via Push Notifications. Information automatically gathered by OneSignal (our push notification service supplier) can be found here; this information is non-personally identifiable information.
- To personalise your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions/subscriptions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your account and/or other products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries.)
- Location Services: We use geolocation information to provide location based alerts, relative to our users. We also use geolocation when you opt to submit your location along with an alert submission. When you submit your location along with an alert submission we also receive your name and email address (created with your user profile.)
- When enabled, we use location services in our app to send relevant adverts based on your current location.
- Location services can be turned off, at any time, by heading to device settings and disabling location services for the Cork safety Alerts mobile app.
Right of rectification or erasure:
- Should you wish to request deletion of your Cork Safety Alerts account, we require you to send an email to us via this form requesting deletion of your account. We’ll deactivate the account immediately, and remove all data from our servers.
- Mobile App accounts can be deleted by the user within the application by heading to My Profile > Delete Account, My Profile > Unlink Google or My Profile > Unlink Facebook. Data is immediately hard removed from the servers, and cannot be recovered.
Right of Access:
- Under section 4 of the Data Protection Act, you have the right to request a copy of any data pertaining to you. To request a copy of data held against you; please submit a written request outlining why, and what data you would like a copy of. Requests must be emailed via this form.
- An external PCI compliant payment gateway handles all payments and/or credit and debit card transactions (e.g. the iTunes Store or Google Play Store.)
- We use regular Malware Scanning on our website.
- Our website is secured via SSL. Any contact form submission is encrypted, using SHA-256 with RSA Encryption. Our SSL Certificate provider is GeoTrust.
- Whilst we will maintain to secure your data and information, we cannot be held liable for intrusions, errors, loss of data or any other interferences with the use of our services caused by a data breach.
Where is data stored?
- Our mobile app database is Firebase, a Google Service. As Google maintain servers, all around the world it’s possible that your data may be stored on any of these servers.
- Any information, or data hosted on our website is hosted in California, United States.
- Any data pertaining to Push Notifications is hosted by OneSignal, their servers are based in the United States.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Track certain analytical information using Google Analytics, to improve our website and services.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
- We do not directly sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. We are governed by any laws applicable to the Republic of Ireland.
- However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
- We honor Do-Not-Track signals and Do-Not-Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do-Not-Track browser mechanism is in place.
Can I opt-out of Google Analytics tracking?
- Yes, we provide an opt out link in the footer of our website. You can also opt out by [gadwp_useroptout html_tag=”a”]clicking here[/gadwp_useroptout]
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
- It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
- When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. Should you have concerns, please send us an email.
- We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email:
- Within one (1) business day
- We are not responsible for any misleading information which may be displayed on our Website, Mobile Apps or social media accounts. As much as we endeavour to have factual and correct information, this is not always possible. We curate reports from various sources including but not limited to; the public, other social media and official channels.
- Cork Safety Alerts takes no responsibility for any damage or loss to personal belongings, vehicles or any other personal property. We take no responsibility for any injury or loss of life as a result of information supplied to or from our page.
- Our full social media policy, and disclaimer is available here.
- If you wish to query, modify or request deletion of your information or data please send us an email by using this form and we’ll get back to you within 48 hours.