Got plans tomorrow? Might want to bring an umbrella as a yellow weather warning has been issued for rainfall in Cork.
Met Éireann has issued a status YELLOW weather warning for rain in Cork.
- Forecasters have said that a spell of heavy rain is expected to develop on Friday. It will continue overnight, before clearing northwards during Saturday morning. Accumulations of up to 40mm are expected.
Issued: Thursday 13 October 2016 16:00
Valid: Friday 14 October 2016 09:00 to Saturday 15 October 2016 09:00
Some useful tips if you do have to venture out:
- Expect spot flooding in some areas.
- Please slow down, and give your vehicle some extra braking distance from the vehicle ahead of you.
- Motorists should be aware of pedestrians and cyclists as you drive past flood water, as you could end up soaking them and causing an accident.
- Pedestrians and cyclist should be aware that motorists will find it difficult to see you in adverse weather conditions.
- Do not drive into flood water as you don’t know how deep it is, and it could cause serious damage to your vehicle.
- Dipped headlights should be on, and only use fog lights in dense fog or falling snow.
- Fog lights will cause a glare on wet roads, and blind other motorists from seeing the road ahead.
- Improper use of fog lights is a motoring offence.