Three Ireland is providing vital connectivity to school students across the country to enable their home schooling needs. By giving 10,000 All You Can Eat data SIM cards free to schools, Three is providing families with additional support to enable their child’s learning during the pandemic.
Unlimited data from Three will be available to primary and secondary schools and will be valid until the end of the school term in June. Schools can register between 4th February and 5th March by completing an online form at Three.ie.
In partnership with Three Ireland, Samsung will also be offering a 15% discount on tablets for parents. A unique code for this will be distributed along with SIMs to the schools.
Elaine Carey, Chief Commercial Officer at Three Ireland and Three UK said:
At Three Ireland, we feel that no child should miss out on their education because of a lack of connectivity, and we want to help families that need vital access to support their child’s learning during the pandemic. With the current restrictions, the ability for students to continue to learn from home is heavily dependent on access to internet connectivity, data and devices. This programme will run until the end of term in June and we hope it enables students across the country to get the internet access they need to continue their education from home.
This schools programme follows a range of support that Three Ireland has provided to customers during the pandemic including zero rating health and educational websites, permanently removing all usage limits from its popular All You Can Eat data plans, and customers who are not already on an All You Can Eat Plan can avail of an affordable unlimited data package.
- The registration form for this programme will be located here. The form will be live on Thursday 4th February.
- SIM cards will be valid until 30th June 2021.
- The SIM cards can be put into a broadband router or can be used in any SIM compatible tablet, subject to coverage availability.
- The 10,000 SIM cards that will be made available as part of this programme will be distributed on a first come, first served basis.
- One order per school will be permitted with maximum order of 200 SIMs per school.
- Once a school has registered for the SIM cards, they will arrive to the school within three days for distribution to parents and guardians.
- Zero rating applies to schools and further education including sites associated with the Universities and Institute of Technologies. Zero rating of websites means Three customers browsing these sites can do so without using data. A full list of Higher Education Authority sites benefiting from zero rating can be found below.
List of educational websites identified by Government which have been zero rated by Three:
List of HEAs which have had sites zero rated by Three:
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Limerick
- Dublin City University
- University College Dublin
- National University of Ireland Galway
- University College Cork
- Technological University of Dublin
- Institute of Technology Carlow
- Maynooth University
- Cork Institute of Technology
- Dublin Institute of Advanced Studies
- Waterford IT
- Lots of HEAnet clients and HEAnet services like the CAO, Athlone IT, Dundalk IT, GMIT, Limerick IT, VLE hosting, IdP hosting, Web hosting etc.
- Campus incubator networks at Institute of Technology campuses
Three is one of Ireland’s leading mobile operators with 35% market share and almost 2.4 million customers. Three’s network is built for data with 99% 4G coverage and carries over 68% of all mobile data on its network, more than all other operators combined.
Three has been named as Ireland’s Speedtest Award™ Winner for fastest mobile network speed by Ookla, the global leader in fixed broadband and mobile network testing applications, data and analysis. The result is based on analysis of tests taken on Speedtest® mobile apps in the second half of 2020.
In 2020, Three launched its 5G network which is available to customers in every county.
Three is 100% owned by renowned multinational technology innovator CK Hutchison Holdings (CK Hutchison). Its diverse businesses employ approximately 300,000 people in over 50 countries worldwide. CK Hutchison has five core businesses – ports and related services, retail, infrastructure, energy and telecommunications.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies. The company is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, network systems, and memory, system LSI, foundry and LED solutions. For the latest news, please visit the Samsung Newsroom at https://news.samsung.com/uk
Help support Cork Safety Alerts by becoming a member – Click Here