Help support Cork Safety Alerts by becoming a ‘Supporter’ and donating a small amount each month to help with the running of our website, server and organisation! Click here to become a CSA Supporter.
It’s Pancake Tuesday, otherwise known as Shrove Tuesday is the day in February or March immediately preceding Ash Wednesday (the first day of Lent), which is celebrated in some countries by consuming pancakes (yes, thats us!)
Yes before anyone tells us, we know its not really a safety alert or traffic update, but its pancakes! So we’ve decided to give you our best pancake recipe to follow so you can enjoy some delicious pancakes today.
* Please eat your pancakes responsibly, and not while driving. That would be irresponsible, and probably downright messy.*
- 100g Plain Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Medium/Large Eggs
- 300ml Fresh Milk
- Some sunflower / vegetable oil for frying, or if you’re adventurous – some butter.
- Sieve your flour with a pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in centre of your dry mix, adding your milk and eggs and mix slowly forming a smooth pancake batter.
- Let your batter sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Line a frying pan with some oil.
- Gently pour a little of your pancake batter into the pan, moving the pan to cover the edges.
- Fry on a gentle / medium heat for 30s – 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Nows the fun part, try and flip it 😉. Never works out that well for me, but I try! Fry again until golden brown!
Recipe by Rebel Baking Cork. (now closed 😔.)
Want to get €5, absolutely free? Sign up to the ‘Smart’ Debit Card – Curve today, and earn a fiver on us! Find out more here.