Help support Cork Safety Alerts by becoming a ‘Supporter’ and donating a small amount each month to help with the running of our website, server and organisation! Click here to become a CSA Supporter.
We’ve decided to do something a little different, and allow a ‘Guest Post’ on our website. The following forecast comes from Nick over at Weather Alerts Ireland. Here’s the weather outlook for this weekend, with Snow and Ice possible in parts of Cork!
Follow Weather Alerts Ireland on Social Media:
- Polar Air is pushing over Ireland today making temperatures drop and making it feel colder. Temperatures overnight will drop down to around freezing to 3 degrees around the county.
- Showers will push in overnight and some will turn wintry with a chance of snow for lower ground as well as higher ground.
- Snow Accumulations possible over higher ground by morning.
- Wintry showers continuing tomorrow, Saturday and becoming more persistent throughout the day and accumulations possible in many parts. This is because Saturdays temperatures will struggle to rise above 3-5 degrees.
- Saturday night will again drop down to freezing and some parts dropping to -2 degrees. This will lead to icy patches and frost.
- Sunday will be much of the same with scattered showers and some of these wintry especially on higher ground.
- A bit warmer with temperatures in parts of Cork maybe reaching 7-8 near coasts and 4-5 inland.
- Sunday night will be mostly dry with a sharp frost and icy conditions expected as temperatures will drop below freezing.
- Windchill overnight Sunday will be down to around -4 making it feel so much colder.
Pics by wxcharts.com, meteociel.fr and weather.us
Want to get €5, absolutely free? Sign up to the ‘Smart’ Debit Card – Curve today, and earn a fiver on us! Find out more here.