Help support Cork Safety Alerts by becoming a ‘Supporter’ and donating a small amount each month to help with the running of our website, server and organisation! Click here to become a CSA Supporter.
Cork County Council can confirm that with immediate effect Civic Amenity sites will accept the following materials:
- Household “black bag” waste for disposal – double bagged up to a maximum of 3 standard (80L) black bags per customer
- Glass Bottles
- Food and Beverage Cans
- Plastic bottles
- Plastic packaging
The following conditions will continue to apply:
- Black bag waste for disposal should have the bag tied securely and then placed into a second bag and tied before arrival at the Civic Amenity Site.
- No commercial vehicles or trailers will be allowed access
- Only one person per vehicle can enter the site
- All customers must place the waste into the receptacles themselves. Civic Amenity operatives will not be able to assist
- Payment for black bag waste will be €4.00 per bag with maximum of 3 bags permitted. Weighing will not be possible as it increases the handling required
- Customers must bring the exact payment i.e. €4, €8 or €12 depending on the number of bags
- Physical distancing of a minimum 2m must be observed at all times
- Sites will not be accepting garden waste, timber, metal waste, bulky items, waste electronic equipment (WEE), oils or paints
Due to the reduced range of recyclables being accepted, the normal €3 entry fee shall be waived for the period of the current health protection measures being in place.
Want to get €5, absolutely free? Sign up to the ‘Smart’ Debit Card – Curve today, and earn a fiver on us! Find out more here.