Met Éireann have issued a status yellow Snow/Ice warning Nationwide, valid from Friday 01 February 2019 21:00 to Saturday 02 February 2019 10:00.
- Continuing very cold. Severe frost and ice on untreated surfaces this morning and returning tonight to midland and eastern areas.
- Some snow showers mainly in northern and northwestern areas today and some snow expected mainly on higher ground of the north and northeast tonight.
Issued/Updated: Saturday 02 February 2019 06:39
Valid: Saturday 02 February 2019 06:00 to Sunday 03 February 2019 12:00.
- Continuing very cold with severe frost overnight and ice on untreated surfaces.
- Scattered snow showers in northern and northwestern areas also.
Issued/Updated: Friday 01 February 2019 21:52
Valid: Friday 01 February 2019 21:00 to Saturday 02 February 2019 10:00.
- Continuing very cold until Sunday with severe frosts at night and ice on untreated surfaces.
- Some snow accumulations today on high ground over Leinster, Connacht and south Ulster.
- Tonight there will also be some accumulations of snow on lower levels over central and southern parts of Leinster and over east Munster.
Update 30/01/2019: Continuing very cold for the remainder of the week with widespread frost, ice and lying snow in places. Further wintry falls in parts of the southwest, west and north today but the showers will ease later.
On Thursday, a wintry mix of rain, sleet and snow will move in accompanied by strong easterly winds. Significant accumulations of snow are possible on high ground and with some accumulations to lower-levels at times.
Update 29/01/2019 10:06: Very cold this week with showers of hail, sleet and snow, frequent across the southwest, west and north, where some significant accumulations are possible this evening and overnight. There will be widespread frost with icy stretches on untreated surfaces. There is the potential for further significant snowfall in places on Thursday.
- Forecasters are warning that very cold this week with scattered wintry showers, frequent across the southwest, west and north. Some accumulations of snow are expected. There will be widespread frost at night with icy stretches on untreated surfaces.
- There is the possibility of a more significant spell of sleet/snow on Thursday.
⚠️ Don’t forget to check our ‘Top Tips’ for winter driving conditions here. ⚠️
Issued/Updated: Wednesday 10 January 2019
Valid: Wednesday 30 January 2019 09:00 to Saturday 02 February 2019 12:00