Met Éireann has issued a status YELLOW weather advisory for Cork tomorrow (Thursday.)
- Forecasters have said that there could be 30 to 50mm of rainfall Thursday into Friday. Some high totals will lead to spot flooding.
Issued: Wednesday 14 December 2016 18:00
Valid: Thursday 15 December 2016 11:00 to Friday 16 December 2016 11:00
Some useful tips if you do have to venture out:
- Expect spot flooding in some areas.
- Please slow down, and give your vehicle some extra braking distance from the vehicle ahead of you.
- Motorists should be aware of pedestrians and cyclists as you drive past flood water, as you could end up soaking them and causing an accident.
- Pedestrians and cyclist should be aware that motorists will find it difficult to see you in adverse weather conditions.
- Do not drive into flood water as you don’t know how deep it is, and it could cause serious damage to your vehicle.
- Dipped headlights should be on, and only use fog lights in dense fog or falling snow.
- Fog lights will cause a glare on wet roads, and blind other motorists from seeing the road ahead.
- Improper use of fog lights is a motoring offence.