STATUS RED – SEVERE WEATHER WARNING
Met Éireann has has issued a status RED severe weather warning for Snow/Ice – #TheBeastFromTheEast & #StormEmma
- Further heavy snow showers will bring accumulations of significant levels with all areas at risk.
- Blizzard conditions will develop from the south Thursday afternoon and evening as heavy snow and strong easterly winds bring snow drifts northwards over the country. Eastern and southern coastal counties will be worst affected.
- Remain indoors and do not travel while the RED warning is in place.
- See our top tips for winter driving conditions here.
- See Cork County Councils Severe Weather Advice here.
Issued: Wednesday 28 February 2018 23:00
Valid: Thursday 01 March 2018 16:00 to Friday 02 March 2018 12:00