Please note that the Irish Authorities advise against all non-essential travel overseas until further notice. Please visit our website for more information and travel advice specific to different destinations: https://www.dfa.ie/travel/
If you have specific queries relating to outbound travel from Ireland to another country in the context of COVID-19, you can call us on +353 1 613 1733, or contact us via webchat.
If you have a query relating to travel into Ireland from another country, self-isolation or quarantine in Ireland, COVID19 tests, or any other health or medical issue, you can consult the HSE website at www2.hse.ie/coronavirus.
Are you planning to enter Ireland from abroad?
If you are planning to enter Ireland, you will need to complete the mandatory Public Health Passenger form. Read more about the form here: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/e885b2-covid-19-coronavirus-travel-advice
You must fill in a form before you arrive in Ireland called the COVID-19 Passenger Locator Form. Failure to do so is an offence.
The Form will be used to facilitate a system of follow up checks to make sure people who travel to the country are staying where they said that they would. The Form will also ensure more accurate and expeditious contact tracing, should we have a suspected or confirmed case on a flight or ferry coming into Ireland.
- The form may be used by health authorities to contact you in order to verify your location in the country.
- It will also help contact tracers get in touch with you should someone on your flight or ferry be confirmed as having COVID-19.
You are not required to complete a COVID-19 Passenger Locator Form if you are an essential supply chain worker (that is, air and ship crew and hauliers) or if you are an accredited diplomat.
If you are travelling onwards to Northern Ireland you will have to fill out a portion of the form.
You are also asked to self-isolate for 14 days if you arrive to Ireland from any overseas country. This includes Irish citizens returning home. This will remain the advice until further notice. For more information please visit the HSE’s website at https://bit.ly/3ebxeXg
Are you an Irish citizen currently abroad?
Please register with the nearest Embassy or Consulate at https://citizensregistration.dfa.ie
Information on Services
- In June, the Passport Service resumed the processing of online applications
- If you need a passport for travel in an emergency, please contact the Passport Office through its WebChat service at https://www.dfa.ie/passports/contact/
- To apply via the Passport Online service, please click here https://passportonline.dfa.ie/Apply/Passport
- To track your passport, please click here https://passporttracking.dfa.ie/
The processing of Foreign Birth Registrations remains postponed until later in the summer. If you have already sent in an application, your application is safe and will be processed in due course.
Want to get €5, absolutely free? Sign up to the ‘Smart’ Debit Card – Curve today, and earn a fiver on us! Find out more here.