Help support Cork Safety Alerts by becoming a ‘Supporter’ and donating a small amount each month to help with the running of our website, server and organisation! Click here to become a CSA Supporter.
They say; Our members very much welcome the publication of the Governments Reopening Roadmap. It provides clarity to all retail members as to when they can reopen and re-employ their colleagues. It is clear that Irish Retail will need significant recovery measures to survive the current extended pause in commerce, especially shopping centre located retailers, who now must wait until 10th August to reopen. For shopping centre tenants this is, to the day, a 5 month period of hibernation since 10th March, when revenues plummeted.
Recovery Measures Required:
- Local authority rates cancellation for 12 months
- 3 month Government rent grant of 60% of the rent payable during the closure – now required to be extended to 5 months
- Exceptional liquidity measures to shore up cashflow and keep businesses alive
- Consumer spending initiatives, once the economy reopens
- Reemployment measures to ensure as many colleagues as possible are rehired
Retail Excellence is a not for profit company which supports Irish retailers to be the best they can be.
Want to get €5, absolutely free? Sign up to the ‘Smart’ Debit Card – Curve today, and earn a fiver on us! Find out more here.