Image: Sean O’Sullivan Media
UPDATE 20/04/18: The restriction has been temporarily removed, until August 9th, 2018.
The ban on private vehicles accessing Patrick’s Street comes into effect Tuesday, 27th March. The restriction applies to private vehicles, with the exception of emergency service vehicles, delivery vehicles, taxis, cyclists and buses (public transport.) The restriction will be in place between 15:00 and 18:30 daily, including weekends.
- Any northbound traffic, which is approaching from the South or West via Dyke Parade, or Wood Street will turn onto Prospect Row, before the mercy hospital.
- Approaching traffic from the Grand Parade, will be diverted via Cornmarket Street and onwards towards Lavitts Quay.
- No access to Patrick’s Street from Academy Street. Drivers will turn onto Emmet Place, or continue onto Drawbridge & Perry Street.
- No exit from Drawbridge Street onto Patrick’s Street, with the exception of emergency service vehicles, delivery vehicles, taxis, cyclists and buses.
- Any Westbound traffic, coming from Merchant’s Quay should proceed along Lavitts Quay to Grattan Street.
All diversions will be signposted, and further information can be found on the Transport for Cork website.