- 168,000 homes, farms and businesses have had power restored post-Storm Ellen
- ESB Networks crews mobilised at first light and will continue to restore power up to nightfall to remaining impacted customers
- Stay safe, stay clear of fallen electricity lines. Report any damage to electricity infrastructure by calling 1800 372 999
- Estimated power restoration times continually updated and available on the PowerCheck App and www.powercheck.ie
ESB Networks crews have this morning (Friday) restored power to a further 14,000 homes, farms and businesses. 26,000 remain without power and it is expected that a majority of this remaining cohort will have their power restored this evening. Since the onset of Storm Ellen on Thursday night, ESB Networks has restored power to over 168,000 families.
Crews will continue working until nightfall to reconnect as many customers as possible, with our skilled technicians from less impacted areas of the country now deployed assisting their colleagues in the counties worst impacted. However, with 1,800 individual fault sites remaining on the network, some customers in impacted areas will be without power tonight. We are acutely aware of the enormous strain that such outages place on family and commercial life and apologise for the obvious disruption caused.
The most significant outages are in areas of the South, West and Midlands, including North and East Cork, Tipperary, East Limerick, East Galway, Roscommon and Leitrim. The latest information on power outages and estimated restoration times are available on the PowerCheck App or www.powercheck.ie, which have become more precise as the extent of the damage to the electricity infrastructure has been assessed.
In addition to safety procedures associated with power restoration, crews continue to work under all national Covid-19 protocols with respect to hygiene, social distancing and PPE.
An Important Public Safety Message: If you come across fallen trees, wires or damaged electricity network, never, ever touch or approach these as they may be LIVE and extremely dangerous. Please report any damage to electricity infrastructure by calling 1800 372 999.
If your fault is not logged please report it at www.esbnetworks.ie or on 1800 372 999. Customers should have their MPRN available to access recorded information specific to their location. You can also check @ESBNetworks on Twitter for updates.
ESB Networks is reminding customers of the precautionary measures to take in the event of a power cut:
- Stay Safe, Stay Clear: Never approach broken lines or damaged poles, and keep children and animals away – report damage to ESB Networks at 1800 372 999 and listen to recorded messages carefully
- Turn off electric cookers, ovens, irons, etc. if electricity supply is lost
- Leave a light switched on so you know when power has been restored
- Take extra care if using candles, oil lamps or other naked flames
- Test smoke alarms with fresh batteries
- Ensure adequate ventilation if using gas heaters.
Want to get €5, absolutely free? Sign up to the ‘Smart’ Debit Card – Curve today, and earn a fiver on us! Find out more here.