Help support Cork Safety Alerts by becoming a ‘Supporter’ and donating a small amount each month to help with the running of our website, server and organisation! Click here to become a CSA Supporter.
Since 7am, An Garda Siochana and GoSafe have checked the speed of 22,500 vehicles with 181 vehicles detected travelling in excess of the applicable speed limit.
Notable speeds include:
- 85km/h in a 50km/h Zone on the R265 Porthall Ballindrait Donegal
- 124km/h in a 80km/h Zone on the M50 Kilmore Big Dublin17 Dublin
- 92km/h in a 60km/h Zone on the R147 Piercetown Dunboyne Meath
- 74km/h in a 50km/h Zone on the R118 Rock Road Dublin 4 Dublin
- 71km/h in a 50km/h Zone on the R445 Mooreabbey Monasterevin Kildare
- 71km/h in a 50km/h Zone on the R707 Burgagery Lands East Clonmel Tipperary
- 64km/h in a 50km/h Zone on the Ballinacurra Road Limerick Limerick
- 121km/h in a 100km/h Zone on the N11 Kilmurry North Kilmacanoge Wicklow
- 60km/h in a 50km/h Zone on the N24 Bohercrow Tipperary Tipperary
- 71km/h in a 60km/h Zone on the R750 Merrymeeting Rathnew Wicklow
- 117km/h in a 100km/h Zone on the N4 Clongawny Mullingar Westmeath
- 91km/h in a 80km/h Zone on the N2 Drumcaw Monaghan Monaghan
On National Slow Down Day, An Garda Síochána and the Road Safety Authority continue to remind drivers of the dangers of speeding and urge motorists to drive carefully and abide by the speed limits.
Want to get €5, absolutely free? Sign up to the ‘Smart’ Debit Card – Curve today, and earn a fiver on us! Find out more here.