Cork Safety Alerts, a landmark volunteer-led provider of local updates, announced today the launch of “Cork Safety Alerts” – a new, mobile application for personal safety and incident awareness in Cork city and its environs. Since its creation in 2013, Cork Safety Alerts has evolved into destination Facebook page and Twitter accounts for area citizens seeking up-to-the-minute safety and incident updates. The Cork Safety Alerts team developed the app in response to growing demand for a neighbourhood-specific safety alert option. The beta version of the application is currently available in free and paid options for Apple iOS mobile devices, with Android rolling out later in 2018.
Cork Safety Alerts presence has been a beacon of information and awareness in recent extreme weather, establishing its importance in the Cork city community. The new app marks a step forward in mobile information access including live alerts, direct from the Cork Safety Alerts team displayed in a centralised feed within the mobile application. Each alert is identified by a dynamic icon to easily distinguish between the types of alerts. The custom feed options are filtered by location to ensure that users never miss an alert for their specified area. Locations available for filtering are listed here. Once the Cork Safety Alerts team receives confirmation that a situation is resolved, the alert will be marked as all clear within the app by changing the dynamic icon to a green check mark.
Other available features include submitting alerts, personalised push notifications, and the ability to remove alerts from your feed. Users are also able to submit an alert relating to a collision, breakdown, or other issue to the team with the user’s exact location. Push notifications for alerts based on filter preferences are set within the ‘My Locations’ area of the app. Users receive alerts direct to the home screen for the areas specified. Users can easily archive alerts from their ‘Feed’ or ‘My Locations’ page in order to keep a clean view of the latest updates.
There are two pricing tiers for the Cork Safety Alerts app, including access to the basic app for free. All tiers include ‘Missing Person’ and ‘Weather Warning’ alerts which will be sent as push notifications to all users regardless of the filters set.
All pricing tiers come with a 7 day free trial, so that you can decide if you wish to continue as a premium subscriber, or a free user.
- Free: With safety as the utmost importance, the team believes in keeping the app ‘Freemium’. The free plan is ad supported, with some restrictions. Free users will have access to the live feed, alert archiving, and ability to submit alerts to the Cork Safety Alerts team.
- Premium: €2.99 Per Month (€24.99 Annually) which includes:
- Access to all free features, but also the ‘My Locations’ page, which gives you access to a custom feed set using filter tags.
- Personalised push notifications based on filter preferences set within the ‘My Locations’ area.
- Adverts removed.
We want to give a special mention to the following for their help throughout the development of the app:
- All of our GoFundMe users who have donated.
- Evin O’Keeffe – EvinOK for writing our press release.
- Digital Skills Foundation – Development.
- Inceptive Technologies – Development.
- Shaunagh O’Connell Photography– Imagery for the app.
Download now, from the iTunes App Store.