The HSE has now extended its new online booking system for COVID-19 tests to a further 15 testing centres across the country. From today, Friday, June 11th, people living in the vicinity of these centres will be able to log on to the online system and book their COVID-19 test up to 24 hours in advance. As a result, there are now 19 test centres with an online booking facility and work is underway to extend this option to the remaining COVID-19 test centres around the country.
According to Niamh O’Beirne, HSE National Lead for Testing and Tracing: “A key part of our strategy to suppress COVID-19 in our communities is improving access to COVID-19 testing. Walk-in testing has been available at all of our COVID-19 testing sites for some time now and last week the facility to book a COVID -19 test online in advance, was made available at the CityWest, Swords, Letterkenny and Limerick testing centres and to date, over 5,400 appointments have been booked online. The extension of this online booking system to a further 15 testing centres will help make getting a COVID-19 test more convenient for people and will mean that at these locations, those seeking a COVID-19 test can attend a walk-in centre or book their test online in advance. Managing large numbers attending for walk-in testing has been a challenge in some sites and the development of this online booking system will help minimise the numbers of people queuing in centres for a test at any given time.”
“The online system will be able to adjust in real time to demand across each of the testing centres and will have some flexibility to increase or decrease appointment capacity if necessary. Those with symptoms and those who require medical advice will also be able to get their test referral via their GP. We will continuously monitor the demand for COVID-19 testing via walk-in, the online system and GP referral once that resumes, and close contact test referrals.”
Additional test centres where you can book your COVID-19 test online in advance:
- Cavan – Covid-19 Community Testing Centre, Castlesaunderson, Belturbet, Co. Cavan. H14 FP83
- Sligo – HSE ATB Building Covid-19 Community Testing Centre, Finisklin, Co. Sligo. F91 YP76
- Monaghan – Monaghan GAA Centre Covid-19 Community Test Centre, Cloghan, Monaghan. A75 VE84
- Galway Airport – Carnmore, Co. Galway. H91 VWX2
- Castlebar – McHale Park, Castlebar, Co. Mayo. F23 FX34
- North Tipp – Former Castlebrand Factory, Tyrone, Nenagh, Tipperary. E45 TY04
- The Lee, Cork – The Lee Covid Screening Centre, Unit 7 – 10 North Link Business Park, Old Mallow Road, Cork. T23 KR96
- Tralee – Ballymullen Barracks, Tralee, Co. Kerry. V92 C996
- Waterford – Kilcohan Test Centre, Kilcohan, Waterford. X91 EY73
- Carlow – Carlow Test Centre, St Dympna’s Hospital, Athy Road, Co. Carlow. R93 Y2V0
- Shrewsbury – Shrewsbury Road Community Test Centre, Hall 8a Simmonscourt Pavillion, Shrewsbury Road, Dublin 4.
- Punchestown – Punchestown Race Course, Punchestown, Naas, Co. Kildare. W91 VCX4
- Ardee – St Bridget’s Campus, Kells Road, Ardee, Co. Louth. A92 DRN0
- Ashbourne – Old Health Centre Covid-19 Test Centre, Killegland, Ashbourne, Co. Meath. A84 C2H0
- Handball Alley, Croke Park – Croke Park Handball Alley Covid-19 Community Testing, Sackville Avenue, Dublin. D03 P6E5
Book an online test here
The self-referral portal is based on a stand-alone cloud-based system that is separate from the HSE network and not impacted by the cyberattack on the HSE’s IT system.
Users can only refer themselves, they won’t be given the option to refer on behalf of someone else and they will be able to book a test no more than 24 hours in advance or the end of the next day and will be able to choose a specific time to attend for testing.
Help support Cork Safety Alerts by becoming a member – Click Here