Help support Cork Safety Alerts by becoming a member – Click Here
Ireland is moving to Level 3 on Tuesday 2 December with, with a number of exceptions in place for the Christmas period.
|Activity||From 1 December||From 4 December||From 18 December|
|Visitors to your home||No visitors, apart from those in support bubble||No visitors, apart from those in support bubble||2 other households|
|Places of worship||50 max||50 max||50 max|
|Museums, galleries and cinemas||Open||Open||Open|
|Pubs operating as restaurants||Closed||Open||Open|
|Wet pubs||Delivery and take-away||Delivery and take-away||Delivery and take-away|
|Travel outside your county||No||No||Yes|
- When planning your Christmas shopping, please support your local retailers and businesses. If you feel unwell you should stay at home.
- At this busy time of year, you can still shop online or over the phone and collect your goods or have them delivered
- If you do go out shopping, wrap up warm in case you have to queue
- Try to shop at off-peak times and keep a 2 metre distance from other shoppers
- You must wear your mask in store for your safety and for that of other shoppers and staff.
- Try to keep your shopping time to a minimum and remember to use hand sanitiser on entering and leaving the shop
- More guidance for businesses is available here
Dining Out in Cafés and Restaurants
- Plan how you will spend your Christmas Day and who you will be in contact with
- Keep your guestlist short and try to ensure that you limit the contact in the days and weeks beforehand
- Remember – every contact counts!
- Try encourage guests to use hand sanitiser or to wash their hands when they arrive at your home or do so when you arrive at someone else’s home
- Try to avoid hugs, kisses and handshakes as people arrive
- Don’t share items like crockery and glassware
- Avoid sharing food and buffet style set ups
- Use single-use options when you can
Give a little extra space
- Try to allow extra space at the dinner table
- Extra distance between settings will make sure everyone is comfortable and keeps safe
- People from the same households should sit together
- Remember to wear a mask when cooking and serving food
- Limit the amount of people in the kitchen
- Keep your home and spaces where people are gathering ventilated
- Keep windows and doors open where possible
- Try and get out for a walk or spend some time in the fresh air
Want to get €5, absolutely free? Sign up to the ‘Smart’ Debit Card – Curve today, and earn a fiver on us! Find out more here.