The HSE is planning to open further COVID-19 walk-in test centres in a number of locations around the country over the coming days and early next week. These centres support both the HSE’s enhanced COVID-19 testing for local communities and allow further identification and understanding of any variants of concern within communities.
A number of existing walk-in testing centres will also have their period of opening extended.
Over the coming days, walk-in testing will be available at locations in Midleton and Youghal Co Cork; Edenderry, Co Offaly; Newbridge, Co Kildare and Ballina Co Mayo, Blanchardstown and Ballymun in Dublin.*
Walk-in testing will continue in Letterkenny, Co Donegal; Castlerea, Co Roscommon; Nenagh, Co Tipperary; Tralee, Co Kerry; Dunmanway, Cork; Kilcohan, Co Waterford; Mullingar, Co Westmeath and Tullamore, Co Offaly. In each of these centres, walk-in, no appointment required testing will be available alongside the COVID 19 testing for those referred by their GP because they have symptoms or are a close contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19.
Commenting Niamh O’ Beirne, National Lead for Testing and Tracing said:
We are seeing significant numbers of people availing of our walk-in COVID-19 testing service and it continues to be an important part of the HSE’s Public Health response to COVID-19. As of this morning, Friday April 30th, more than 50,000 people have come forward for COVID-19 testing in one of our walk-in sites and 1,628 (3.4%) COVID-19 positive cases have been detected. Availing of COVID-19 testing, even when you don’t have symptoms helps us stop the further spread of COVID 19 and protects our communities.
You should use this free, walk-in COVID-19 testing service if you:
- Are aged 16 years and over
- Do not have symptoms of Covid-19 but would like to be tested
- Have not tested positive for Covid-19 in the last six months
- Remember, it’s 1 test per person.
You must bring photo identification with you and provide us with a mobile telephone number so we can contact you with your results.
Social distancing measures will apply as people attend for testing. If the waiting times are too long for you, you are welcome to return at another time or day.
*Full Details of New Centres:
- ·Youghal GAA Club, Magners Hill, Youghal, Co. Cork P36 TX68, 3rd to 5th May, 11am to 7pm
- ·Newbridge Town Hall, Main Street, Newbridge, Co Kildare, open 3rd May, 11am to 7pm
- ·Stephenites Ground, Lord Edward Street, Carrowcushlaun West, Ballina, Co. Mayo, F26 E622, 5th to 7th May, 11am to 7pm
- ·Ballymun Sports and Fitness Centre, Gateway Crescent, Dublin, D11 DK40, 4th to 7th May, 10am to 6pm
- ·TU Dublin, Croí (Block C), Blanchardstown Campus, Blanchardstown Road North, Dublin, D15 YV78 1 to 7 May, 10am to 6pm
Help support Cork Safety Alerts by becoming a member – Click Here