Gardaí have reunited a stolen dog with its owners in Youghal Co Cork.
On the morning of July 8, Gardaí in Youghal received a report that a Jack Russell Terrier dog had been stolen by two men from its family home in Youghal.
Following an investigation by Gardaí, the men were traced to an address in Co. Galway. With the assistance of local Gardaí in Galway, the dog has since been recovered and was reunited with its owners yesterday.
A file will now be prepared for the Director of Public Prosecutions in relation to the theft.
Gardaí would like to remind the public to take extra crime prevention measures when it comes to caring for your pet, particularly high-value breeds of dogs.
If a dog is stolen, it’s important to act quickly:
- Immediately report the theft to Gardaí.
- Report the loss to your local authority, your vet and your dog’s microchip company.
- Spread the word on social media – post clear photos and detailed descriptions both on your profile and any other groups and pages you are connected with and encourage people to share quickly.
- Create posters and flyers, distribute these around your local community. Check your insurance policy, it might be able to cover some of these costs.
- Report the theft on as many missing animal websites as you can and keep an eye out on social media and selling pages.
In the instance where a lost animal is found, ensure the rightful owner is being contact before returning them.
For more information on how to keep your dog safe: https://www.garda.ie/!6MPWQ3
Want to get €5, absolutely free? Sign up to the ‘Smart’ Debit Card – Curve today, and earn a fiver on us! Find out more here.