Today the HPSC confirms a further 159 cases of COVID-19 in the Republic of Ireland.
This brings the total number of confirmed cases in Ireland to 30,730.
2 further deaths are being reported today.
Statement from the Health Protection Surveillance Centre:
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been informed that 2 people with COVID-19 have died.
There has now been a total of 1,783 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight Friday 11th September, the HPSC has been notified of 159 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 30,730 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today;
- 70 are men / 89 are women
- 65% are under 45 years of age
- 51% are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
- 23 cases have been identified as community transmission
- 75 in Dublin, 10 in Louth, 6 in Cork, 6 in Donegal, 6 in Meath, 5 in Laois, 5 in Wexford, and the remaining 46 cases are in Carlow, Cavan, Clare, Galway, Kerry, Kildare, Kilkenny, Leitrim, Limerick, Longford, Mayo, Offaly, Roscommon, Tipperary, Waterford, Westmeath and Wicklow.
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community.
Dr. Ronan Glynn, Acting Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health, said; “47% of the cases reported today are in Dublin City and County. For the people of Dublin in particular, this is a critical moment to address the spread of the disease in the community. Individual choices can make all the difference – reconsider your plans for the weekend, reduce the number of people that you meet and avoid social activities that involve large groups of people.
COVID-19 is a highly infectious disease that can spread even when you have no symptoms. Remember, when you do meet with friends, family and colleagues, staying 2m apart is the best way to keep everyone safe.”
Want to get €5, absolutely free? Sign up to the ‘Smart’ Debit Card – Curve today, and earn a fiver on us! Find out more here.