Today the HPSC confirms a further 13 cases of COVID-19 in the Republic of Ireland.
This brings the total number of confirmed cases in Ireland to 25,250.
3 further deaths are being reported today.
Statement from the Health Protection Surveillance Centre:
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been informed that a total of 3 people with COVID-19 have died.
There have now been a total 1,705* COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight Thursday 11 June the HPSC has been notified of 13 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 25,250** confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.
There is currently a total of 83 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in hospital. Of these, 28 cases are currently in ICU.
Today’s data from the HPSC, as of midnight, Wednesday 10 June (25,237 cases), reveals:
- 57% are female and 43% are male
- The median age of confirmed cases is 48 years
- 3,275 cases (13%) have been hospitalised
- Of those hospitalised, 415 cases have been admitted to ICU
- 8,116 cases are associated with healthcare workers
- Dublin has the highest number of cases at 12,172 (48% of all cases) followed by Cork with 1,533 cases (6%) and then Kildare with 1,426 cases (6%)
- Of those for whom transmission status is known: community transmission accounts for 38%, close contact accounts for 60%, travel abroad accounts for 2%
Dr. Tony Holohan, Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health, said: “The COVID-19 virus will continue to impact on the way we move about our daily lives for the foreseeable future, however we have already witnessed how our collective action can control the spread of the virus. By continuing to work together, implementing our new behaviours, we can continue to limit the spread of the disease.”
* Validation of data at the HPSC has resulted in the denotification of 1 death. The figure of 1,705 deaths reflects this.
**Validation of data at the HPSC has resulted in the denotification of 1 confirmed cases. The figure of 25,250 confirmed cases reflects this.
Want to get €5, absolutely free? Sign up to the ‘Smart’ Debit Card – Curve today, and earn a fiver on us! Find out more here.