Today the HPSC confirms a further 45 cases of COVID-19 in the Republic of Ireland.
This brings the total number of confirmed cases in Ireland to 26,253.
No further deaths are being reported today.
Statement from the Health Protection Surveillance Centre:
There have been no new deaths reported to the Health Protection Surveillance Centre today.
There has now been a total of 1,763 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight Monday 3rd August, the HPSC has been notified of 45 confirmed cases of COVID-19. There is now a total of 26,253 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today;
- 35 are men / 10 are women
- 77% are under 45 years of age
- 31 are associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
- 4 cases have been identified as community transmission
- 33 cases are located in Kildare, 7 in Dublin, and 5 are spread across four other counties.
The HSE is working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.
The COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date information on the key indicators of COVID-19 in the community.
Want to get €5, absolutely free? Sign up to the ‘Smart’ Debit Card – Curve today, and earn a fiver on us! Find out more here.